- What’s it like being Bisexual?
- Your mom’s telling you you’re straight. Your gay buddy’s telling you you’re gay.
- You feel sexually schizophrenic. Just when you feel confident enough to tell the world you’re gay, poof! Your desire betrays you, and you get hot for the opposite sex. We like to call this dilemma “the flip-flop.” (And it has nothing to do with whom you vote for or what you’re wearing on your feet.)
- Don’t be fooled. The fact that you flip-flop at all means only one thing: you’re bi. Yup, that’s right, a minority within a minority. You can keep trying and keep hoping gay-dom or hetero-hood will stick, but don’t hold your breath. We bisexuals, excuse us, “label-free,” “fluid,” “whatevers,” don’t necessarily have to choose – just go with it.
“I Swear to God, Sometimes I’m Gay…”
- Sound familiar? All of us have gay days, weeks, months…even years. Just ’cause we’re leaning to one side for a while doesn’t mean we’ll stay there.
- All right, it’s true: many of us have a preference for men or women, but unlike those boring monosexuals (people who date only one sex), our preference doesn’t define us. We’re honest about what we do, at least more so than those in the gay and straight communities who dabble with members of the opposite or same sex and conceal their behavior. We know better than to claim it will never happen again. That doesn’t mean we don’t on occasion question our sexual identity when we flip-flop between cravings.
- READ MORE: http://www.examiner.com/article/bisexuality-101-a-handy-list-for-the-newly-bisexual
- And, on your must-read list, check out more in The Bisexual’s Guide to the Universe: Tips, Quips & LIsts for Those Who Go Both Ways.